Email your candidates
Dear [federal candidate]
I live in [your federal electorate] and before I cast my vote, I would like to know your position on the protection of women’s rights and child safeguarding. Liberal party candidate for Warringah, Katherine Deves, with the help of a hostile media, has finally put the issues in the public sphere.
You may have also seen the campaign ‘Respect my sex if you want my vote’, in which Australian women are talking to federal election candidates about women’s sex-based rights, single-sex spaces and services, women’s sports and child safeguarding.
I am one of the many Australians concerned about the loss of rights and the impact of gender identity policies on children. Please advise where you stand on the following issues:
1. Do you think it’s unfair that men with a gender identity are allowed to compete in women’s sporting competitions?
2. Are you concerned about transgender laws that allow men to access women only spaces such as change rooms and toilets?
3. Should lesbian women have the right to single-sex spaces and events without the presence of men that call themselves ‘lesbians’?
4. Should schools be allowed to socially transition children without the knowledge or consent of parents?
5. Do you think children experiencing gender confusion should receive robust psychotherapy rather than puberty blockers and hormones?
I look forward to hearing from you.